Going to School

You may be able to receive Income Assistance while attending school under one of the following circumstances:

  • you are getting your grade 12 and going to an upgrading program
  • you are taking training programs to give you the skills you need for the kind of work you want to do
  • you are attending a post-secondary program that lasts two years or fewer
  • you are attending a post-secondary program that lasts more than two years and you are a member of the Career Seek program

In order to be eligible for Income Assistance while attending school, you and your caseworker must agree to a plan that includes additional education or training. You may also have to apply for a student loan if the program that you want to take is eligible for student loans. Your caseworker can help you with your applications.

Next steps

Please contact your caseworker to determine eligibility.

If you are not yet an Income Assistance client, see our information on How to Apply.