All work performed on wells in the Province of Nova Scotia must be performed by certified persons holding current certification. Well contractors must have on the job training and be tested before being certified. Certificates are renewed annually and all contractors must carry a current wallet size certificate.
- Well Drillers and Diggers certified to construct wells in the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Pump Installers certified to install water pumps in wells in the Province of Nova Scotia. Class II Pump Installers are certified to install pumps up to 1 ½ hp, Class I Pump Installers are certified to install pumps of any size used in the province.
- Pump Installers, Well Drillers and Diggers certified by NSE can be searched online, using our Certifcation Search.
- Public Drinking Water Supply Contractors certified to perform work in the Province of Nova Scotia for the year 2005. Please note the category in which they are certified, Drilled Wells, Dug Wells and/or Pump Installation.
Information on qualifications and procedures for obtaining and holding:
- Well Driller's Certificate of Qualification
- Well Digger's Certificate of Qualification
- Pump Installer's Certificate of Qualification
Any inquiries may be directed to your nearest District Office of Nova Scotia Environment.
Well & Pump Installation Reports
Additional contact information relating to the groundwater industry can be access at Nova Scotia Ground Water Association's (NSGWA) Member Directory.
PLEASE NOTE: Nova Scotia Environment's list includes only those individuals who are currently certified by Nova Scotia Environment. Confirmation of Certificate of Qualification holders is to be obtained by consulting the Nova Scotia Environment list.