Certification of persons operating classified water and wastewater facilities in Nova Scotia is mandatory under the Water and Wastewater Facilities and Public Drinking Water Supplies Regulations.
These regulations outline the minimum requirements required for water and wastewater facility classification and operation certification and renewal. Our classification and certification programs are based upon the model provided by the Association of Boards of Certification (ABC). ABC is an association which provides guidance and resources to certification authorities across North America and internationally.
What do you want to know?
- Transition Plan - Guide (PDF:107k) | Template (Rich Text Format)
- why we need operators (see our General Information section)
- about our operator certification program
- about the exam
- about certificate renewal
- about training course approvals (for training providers)
- about facility classification
Current Certified Operators in Nova Scotia
Operators holding valid Nova Scotia certifications can be found on our License and Certification Listings page.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Send us an email: email@example.com