Filing a Complaint

You may file your complaint directly with the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner (OPCC). You may also file a complaint at the police agency or with the local board of police commissioners in the municipality in which the incident occurred.

Your complaint must be filed in writing using our complaint form (PDF). Instructions are included with the complaint form.

Please note that complaints arising from incidents older than six months cannot be accepted.

The OPCC does not handle complaints against members of the RCMP. Please visit the website for the Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP.

Our online brochure (PDF) provides detailed information on the complaint process. You may also contact us directly with any questions or for assistance filing your complaint by phoning 902-424-3246, emailing us at, or visiting our physical location at 1690 Hollis Street, 3rd Floor.