This consolidation is unofficial and is for reference only. For the official version of the regulations, consult the original documents on file with the Registry of Regulations, or refer to the Royal Gazette Part II. Regulations are amended frequently. Please check the list of Regulations by Act to see if there are any recent amendments to these regulations filed with the Registry that are not yet included in this consolidation. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this electronic version, the Registry of Regulations assumes no responsibility for any discrepancies that may have resulted from reformatting. This electronic version is copyright © 2011, Province of Nova Scotia, all rights reserved. It is for your personal use and may not be copied for the purposes of resale in this or any other form.
Liscomb Game Sanctuary Regulations
made under Sections 14 and 113 of the
R.S.N.S. 1989, c. 504
O.I.C. 96-478 (June 25, 1996, effective July 1, 1996), N.S. Reg. 113/96
as amended up to O.I.C. 2013-209 (June 25, 2013), N.S. Reg. 232/2013
1 These regulations may be cited as the Liscomb Game Sanctuary Regulations.
2 In these regulations,
(a) “Act” means the Wildlife Act;
(b) “Department” means the Department of Natural Resources;
(c) “Minister” means the Minister of Natural Resources;
(d) “Sanctuary” means the Liscomb Game Sanctuary;
(e) “muzzleloader” means a muzzleloader as defined in the Firearm and Bow Regulations made under the Act.
Clause 2(e) replaced: O.I.C. 2013-209, N.S. Reg. 232/2013.
Restriction on hunting
3 (1) Except as provided in these regulations, no person shall
(a) take, hunt, kill or pursue or attempt to take, hunt, kill or pursue any wild animal or bird; or
(b) possess any firearm, bow, crossbow, trap, snare or possess any wild animal or bird or the carcass or any part of any wild animal or bird
within the limits of the Sanctuary.
(2) Despite the regulations made herein, the Minister may, upon such terms and conditions as the Minister considers advisable, by written authorization allow any person to enter the Sanctuary at any time, including Sunday, to take, hunt, kill or capture any wild animal or bird for the purposes of the control, protection or study of the wildlife therein.
Hunting in the Sanctuary
4 (1) Any person who is certified to hunt with a firearm, bow or crossbow under the Hunter Education, Safety and Training Regulations made under the Act may take, hunt, kill or pursue or attempt to take, hunt, kill or pursue wildlife within the Sanctuary in accordance with these regulations if they possess any of the following and are hunting the wildlife permitted by their licence:
(a) a valid Deer Hunting Licence with a Deer Hunting Stamp (archery and muzzleloader season) affixed;
(b) a valid Bear Hunting Licence;
(c) a valid Small Game Hunting Licence.
Subsection 4(1) replaced: O.I.C. 2013-209, N.S. Reg. 232/2013.
(2) No person shall hunt within the Sanctuary pursuant to subsection (1) except during a period of six consecutive days commencing on the third Monday in October in any year.
Subsection 4(3) repealed: O.I.C. 2013-209, N.S. Reg. 232/2013.
(4) Any person hunting in the Sanctuary pursuant to subsections (1) and (2) shall use only a muzzleloader, bow or crossbow.
Subsection 4(4) amended: O.I.C. 2013-209, N.S. Reg. 232/2013.
(5) Any person hunting within the Sanctuary pursuant to these regulations is exempted from wearing hunter orange clothing.
(6) It shall be an offence for any person who hunts, takes, kills or pursues or attempts to hunt, take, kill or pursue wildlife in the Sanctuary to fail to comply with these regulations, or with any provision of the Act or regulations made pursuant to the Act, including the provisions respecting bag limits, tagging and reporting, unless exempted therefrom by these regulations.
Section 5 repealed: O.I.C. 97-516, N.S. Reg. 95/97.