Terms of Reference announced for review of Braemore Home Corporation
The Department of Community Services today, April 4, announced the next step in determining the circumstances that led to a recent incident of abuse at Braemore Home Corp. in Sydney.
The terms of reference for the independent review of the facility have been developed by Deloitte, with input from the department, Braemore, and union leadership.
The review will look into, report on, and make recommendations on the underlying factors that contributed to the incident in question.
Deloitte will look at Braemore's:
- client services
- communication process and policies
- operational processes
- organizational culture
- people (staffing levels, employee and management skills and training, employee and labour relations)
- physical infrastructure as far as it concerns the incident in question
- strategic plans
- structure and organization
- other aspects of Braemore’s operations that emerge from the review
The review will include gathering input from a number of interested parties, including staff, residents, and their families.
The review findings will be presented to the department by early summer.