Prescription Drug Coverage (Pharmacare)
The Department of Community Services provides prescription drug coverage (Pharmacare) to:
- Employment Support and Income Assistance clients (including Extended Pharmacare and Transitional Pharmacare clients)
- Disability Support Program participants
- Children in the care of child welfare through either a district office of the Department of Community Services or a Children's Aid Society/Family and Children's Services agency
- Low Income Pharmacare for Children clients
To use your Pharmacare benefits, you must:
- Have a Nova Scotia Health Card.
- Show your health card to the pharmacist
If your health card is expired or you need a new one, visit Nova Scotia Health Card webpage or call 1-800-563-8880.
Visit Nova Scotia Pharmacare for more information on Pharmacare benefits.
If you have any questions, please contact your caseworker to determine eligibility or call 1-877-424-1177.
If you are not yet an Income Assistance client, see our information on How to Apply.