Publications and Forms
This page contains a list of documents and forms provided by the Tribunal. Be sure to download the proper format for your computer system.
- AppealPDF, Word, WordPerfect, French
- Section 29 Application Form PDF, Word, WordPerfect
- Summons PDF, Word, WordPerfect
- Order for Production PDF, Word, WordPerfect
- Employer Notice of Intention to Participate PDF, Word, WordPerfect
- Appealing a Hearing Officer's Decision (PDF)
- The Appeal Process: A guide to oral and written submissions (PDF)
- Employer Participation in Worker Appeals (PDF)
- How the date of injury or the date of permanent impairment impacts on awards for permanent benefits (PDF)
- Summary of Section 29 Decisions (Right to Sue Applications) (PDF)
- Timing of a Section 29 Application to WCAT (PDF)
- 20 Tips for Representatives Appearing Before WCAT (PDF)
- A Summary of Recent Notable Court Decisions
- REFERENCE GUIDE (PDF) - The partner agencies in the Workplace Safety and Insurance System are pleased to make available this Reference Guide dealing with workers’ compensation in Nova Scotia. This Reference Guide was put together through the cooperation and hard work of staff from the Workers’ Compensation Board, the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal, and the Workers’ Advisers Program.
- Workplace Safety and Insurance System: Issue Resolution Strategy Framework (PDF)
- Practice Manual (PDF)
- Routine Access Policy (PDF)
- Workers' Compensation Appeals Tribunal Decisions issued after January 2010 are available free through the Canadian Legal Information Institute website at www.canlii.org and are published without identifying features. Please refer to the "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" section of our Annual Report.
- Workers' Compensation Appeals Tribunal Decisions issued prior to 2010 are available free through the Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education website at www.novascotia.ca/lae/databases/
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2013 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2010 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2009 Annual Report (PDF)
- Annual Reports for previous years are available in hard copy by contacting Colleen Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nova Scotia Worker's Compensation Program: A focused Review (PDF)
- Report of the Select Committee on the Workers' Compensation Act (PDF)
- Audit of the Nova Scotia Workers' Compensation System, (Chapter 16), November 1998, Grant Thornton for Auditor General (PDF)