Buying, Owning or Selling a Home
- For Landlords
- Buying or Selling a Home
- Building, Renovating and Maintaining a Home
- Building Codes and Land Use Planning
Buying or Selling a Home
- Buying a Home A step-by-step outline of the homebuying process, information about financing and mortgages, and useful tools and publications
- Topics for homeowners Canada Revenue Agency
- Property Assessment Enquiry Easy access to property information to help you decide if your assessment is a reasonable estimate of market value.
- Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission Consumer Information including a Buyer's Guide, and Seller's Guide and the terms used by the real estate industry
- REALTOR.ca Property information from REALTORS® across Canada.
- Seniors Property Tax Rebate Designed to help eligible seniors remain in their homes by providing them with an annual rebate on their municipal property taxes
Building, Renovating and Maintaining a Home
- Hiring a Contractor Important consumer information on how to hire the right contractor for your construction or renovation
- Hire a Professional? Consumer Information from the Nova Scotia Home Builders' Association
- Canadian Home Builders' Association In the market for a new home? Here is the information, ideas and practical advice you need.
- Home BUILDER magazine The official magazine of the Canadian Home Builders' Association - specializes in educating readers on the latest installation tips, building techniques and materials that can be put into on-site practice every day.
- Builders' Manual Canadian Home Builders Association - written for consumers planning on building or contractors who want to go beyond the basics, and produce better homes and do it properly
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation Canada (CMHC) Comprehensive guide to buying or renting a home
- NS Municipal Contacts Need a building permit or other associated approvals for water and sewer?
- NS Energy Information Information on a wide range of information services that relate to energy conservation in home construction and renovation, appliances, transportation, heating systems, etc., ...
Building Codes and Land Use Planning