Part of being an informed consumer is knowing how to spot a scam.
Here are some quick tips:
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- A salesman who will only guarantee a price "right now" without giving you the chance to do research may not be offering a good deal.
- You almost always have the right to change your mind.
- Your bank will never email you to look for financial information. Never access internet banking through a link in an email.
- If you're feeling pressure to purchase, don't. You have the right to say, "no thanks" and "good bye".
For information on current scams, and what to do if you think you've been scammed, check out our links.