Service Nova Scotia can't help you directly with complaints about the sectors below, but here are some good places to start.
If you have concerns about:
Broadcasting Cable and Telecommunications
Food Packaging & Labeling
- Measurement Canada is responsible for the packaging and labeling of retail food.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is dedicated to safeguarding food, animals and plants. This enhances the health and well-being of Canada's people, environment and economy.
General Consumer Issues
- Canadian Consumer Handbook is a federal resource with many tips, questions and advice on consumer rights.
- The Competition Bureau is responsible for investigating deceptive advertising, deceptive telemarketing, multi-level marketing.
- Strategis is the federal government's consumer and business information site.
- If you want to research a company before you work with them, or investigate whether others have had similar experiences with a company, the Better Business Bureau of Nova Scotia has a business directory and a wealth of helpful tips.
- Consumer's Association of Canada provides consumer information and research.
- Scanner Price Accuracy is a Voluntary Code to protect consumers from being over-charged at the cash register.