Pests and Pesticides
Operating Requirements for Certified Businesses
- Lawn care companies must comply with the Sign Posting Guidelines.
- All commercial pesticide applicators who apply commercial or restricted pesticides must be properly certified.
- As a business operator you are responsible for ensuring that your employees have a valid and up-to-date pesticide applicator's certificate. It is a requirement that all applicators carry their certificates when performing pesticide related work.
- A current copy of the businesses contingency plan must be kept in each vehicle.
- Businesses must operate in compliance with any additional terms and conditions attached to their Business Operators Certificate.
- Business Operator Certificates are valid for 1 year.