This is to advise that on May 24, 2012, Oxford Frozen Foods, Minas Basin Pulp and Power, and Nova Scotia Power Incorporated (the Proponent) will register the South Canoe Wind Power Project for environmental assessment, in accordance with Part IV of the Environment Act.
The purpose of the proposed undertaking is to construct and operate a 100MW Wind Power Project and substation on privately owned lands, near South Canoe Lake in Lunenburg County.
On July 13, 2012 the Minister of Environment released a decision (PDF:135k) concerning this review. The Minister has decided to approve the undertaking in accordance with Section 13(1)b of the Environmental Assessment Regulations, pursuant to Part IV of the Environment Act. The undertaking has been approved subject to a number of conditions (PDF:72k).
- Cover to section 3.6 (PDF:8.7mb)
- Section 3.7 to 4.6 (PDF:9.1mb)
- Section 4.7 to 184.108.40.206 (PDF:7.7mb)
- Section 220.127.116.11 (part 1) to drawing 4.13B (PDF:7.1mb)
- Section 18.104.22.168 (part 2) drawing 4.13C to section 4.7.4 (PDF:6.6mb)
- Section 5.0 to end of main document (PDF:4.9mb)
- Appendix A (PDF:655k)
- Appendix B (part 1) (PDF:5.1mb)
- Appendix B (part 2) (PDF:8.6mb)
- Appendix B (part 3) (PDF:6.9mb)
- Appendix C (part 1) (PDF:9.6mb)
- Appendix C (part 2) (PDF:9.7mb)
- Appendix D (PDF:152k)
- Appendix E1 to E3 (PDF:942k)
- Appendix E4 (part 1) (PDF:4.1mb)
- Appendix E4 (part 2) (PDF:6.2mb)
- Appendix F (PDF:2.4mb)
- Appendix G and I (PDF:3.5mb)
- Appendix H (PDF:105k)
- Appendix J (PDF:7mb)
- Appendix K to Appendix P (PDF:3mb)
- Appendix Q (part 1) (PDF:7.2mb)
- Appendix Q (part 2) (PDF:6.3mb)
- Appendix R (PDF:176k)
Opportunities for Public Input
Public comments on the Registration Document were accepted until June 23, 2012.
Comments received, including any personal information, will be made available to the public from the Nova Scotia Environment library, 5th floor, Halifax Office (5151 Terminal Rd.).