This is to advise that on November 11, 2010, SP Development Limited Partnership, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sprott Power Corp., registered the Hampton Mountain Wind Power Project for environmental assessment, in accordance with Part IV of the Environment Act.
The purpose of the proposed undertaking is to construct, own and operate a 25.2 MW Wind Power Project and a substation on lands located north of Bridgetown, Nova Scotia. Anticipated construction commencement is 2011.
On January 10, 2011 the Minister of Environment released a decision (PDF:110k) concerning this review. The Minister has decided to approve the undertaking in accordance with Section 13(1)b of the Environmental Assessment Regulations, pursuant to Part IV of the Environment Act. The undertaking has been approved subject to a number of conditions (PDF:90k).
- Public Notice (PDF:21k)
- Registration Document (pages 1 - 57) (PDF:7.2mb)
- Registration Document (pages 58 - 129) (PDF:6.1mb)
- Registration Document (pages 130 - 188) (PDF:4.7mb)
- Appendix V to XI (PDF:6.7mb)
- Appendix I to IV (PDF:6.9mb)
- Registration Document - Letter of Acceptance (PDF:28k)
- Registration Document - Application Correspondence (PDF:20k)
Opportunities for Public Input
Public comments on the Registration Document were accepted until December 11, 2010
Comments received, including any personal information, will be made available to the public from the Nova Scotia Environment library, 5th floor, Halifax Office (5151 Terminal Rd.).