This is to advise that on June 5, Cape Breton Hydro Inc. (a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc.) registered the East Bay Hills Wind Power Project for environmental assessment, in accordance with Part IV of the Environment Act.
The purpose of the proposed undertaking is to construct an up to 50 MW Wind Project on Crown Land, near the community of East Bay, Cape Breton Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. This Project is proposed to consist of up to 30 x 1.7 MW wind turbines. Construction is proposed to commence in Fall 2015 with operation expected by Fall 2016.
On July 25, 2014, the Minister of Environment released a decision (PDF:45k) concerning this review. The Minister has determined that the registration information is insufficient to make a decision on the project, and additional information is required in accordance with clause 13(1)a of the Environmental Assessment Regulations, pursuant to Part IV of the Environment Act.
- Registration Document (PDF:4.5mb)
- Acceptance Letter (PDF:118k)
- Appendix I - Figures 1 to 7 (PDF:6.6mb)
- Appendix I - Figures 8 to 12 (PDF:9.5mb)
- Appendix II, III, IV (PDF:1.7mb)
- Appendix V - Lynx Monitoring Protocol (PDF:4.2mb)
- Appendix VI - East Bay 2014 Arch Report (PDF:4.5mb)
- Appendix VII - MEKS (PDF:6.8mb)
- Appendix VIII - NIA (PDF:6mb)
- Appendix IX - Shadow Flicker (PDF:62k)
- Appendix X - East Bay EMI (PDF:961k)
- Appendix XI - Combined Consultation Material (PDF:4.9mb)
- Appendix XII - CV's (PDF:2.3mb)
- Appendix XIII - Photos of existing road network (PDF:2mb)
- Appendix XIV - CBRM Letter (PDF:41k)
Opportunities for Public Input
Public comments on the Registration were accepted until July 5, 2014.
Comments received, including any personal information, will be made available to the public from the Nova Scotia Environment library, 2nd floor, 1903 Barrington Street, Suite 2085, Halifax, NS.