Nova Scotia Environment and Labour was pleased to host a Science Forum on outdoor air quality on March 8, 2006.
Some of the topics addressed at the one-day forum included:
- what are the main air pollutants
- what are the sources of air pollutants
- how are air pollutants transported
- what are the human health effects of air pollution
- what are the environmental effects of air pollution
- how are climate change and air quality linked
- what research is happening locally related to air quality
- what is being done to improve air quality
Read the Government news release.
Summary of the Forum
The forum was attended by members of the public and representatives from non-government organizations, industry, the academic community, and government (provincial, municipal, and federal). There were approximately 90 attendees plus 12 presenters.
See the agenda
- Environment Canada - Atlantic Region Air Quality Services