The Regulatory Craft in Nova Scotia 2008 conference will be held at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, Halifax, Nova Scotia in the Halifax Room.
Where to Stay
The conference is located in downtown Halifax and a block of rooms has been reserved at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel for conference participants at 169.00 per night for double occupancy. The rooms are being held until August 28, 2008.
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
1818 Upper Water Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3J5
Phone: (902) 421-1700
Toll free: 1-800-943-6760
How to Get Here
Start : Halifax Stanfield International Airport:
- Head north on Bell Blvd./Boulevard Bell. Stay on Bell Blvd./Boulevard Bell until you see signs for HWY-102 South (Halifax/Dartmouth/Truro)
- Merge onto HWY-102 via the ramp to Halifax/Dartmouth
- Take the exit on the left onto HWY-118 South toward HWY-103/Dartmouth/HWY-111 Halifax and continue for 16.7 km
- Turn left onto Victoria Rd.
- Turn right at Nantucket Ave.
- Continue onto the Angus L. MacDonald Bridge (toll $.75)
- Take the Barrington Street ramp onto Barrington Street.
- Continue on Barrington Street in the right lane.
- Make a left turn on George St.
- Turn left on Lower Water Street.
- Take a slight right onto Upper Water Street.
- Hotel and parking on your right.
Destination : Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel located at 1919 Upper Water Street in downtown Halifax.
- On-site parking, fee: $3.42 CAD hourly, $19 CAD daily
- Valet parking, fee: $25 CAD daily
- Off-site parking; contact hotel for details
Where to Eat
There will be a reception on the evening of the 29th with snacks and a cash bar. Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided during refreshment breaks.
For additional meals, Halifax provides a wide variety of excellent dining choices. A restaurant guide to search for the perfect dining experience can be found at www.novascotia.com
Early fall is prime vacation time in Nova Scotia, with the autumn leaves beginning to change colors. Visit our official Nova Scotia Tourism web site, www.novascotia.com, for more information.