Government of Nova Scotia, Canada
Header - Service Directory

Use the Services Directory to quickly access information on all of the services provided by the NS Department of Finance.

Daily Stats
For additional information relating to Daily Stats or any of our products, please contact:

Thomas StorringDirector, Economics and Statistics
Tel: 902-424-2410Email: Thomas.Storring@novascotia.ca

View the Archive..
June 24, 2016
STUDY: DIVERSITY OF YOUNG ADULTS LIVING WITH THEIR PARENTS

A recent study from Statistics Canada, Diversity of young adults living with their parents, examined how ethnocultural, geographic, and socioeconomic characteristics differ between young adults that live with their parents and other young adults.

The study used data from the National Household Survey 2011 (NHS 2011) and censuses going back to 1981. Of the 4.3 million young adults aged 20 to 29, 42...

View complete article..


June 23, 2016
EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE, APRIL 2016

 

In April 2016, the number (seasonally adjusted) of Nova Scotians receiving regular Employment Insurance (EI) benefits increased by 20 persons (0.1 per cent) from the previous month to 27,370 and declined by 940 persons (-3.3 per cent) over April 2015. 

In April 2016, the number (seasonally adjusted) of Canadians receiving regular EI benefits d...

View complete article..


June 22, 2016
RETAIL TRADE, APRIL 2016

 


In Canada April 2016 retail sales (seasonally adjusted) increased 0.9% from March 2016 to $44.3 billion and increased 4.6% over April 2015. The growth index (2005=100)  increased  1.3 points to 145.2 over the previous month.

In Nova Scot...

View complete article..


June 21, 2016
LOW INCOME DYNAMICS OF CANADIAN TAXFILERS: 1992-2013

Of Nova Scotian taxfilers aged 18 and over who were in low income in 2012, the share that were not in low income 2013 (the “low income exit rate”) was 23 per cent, while the remaining 77 per cent remained in low income (the “low income persistence rate”). Of those not in low income in 2012, 4 per cent moved into low income in 2013 (“low income entry rate”) while 96 per cent remained out of low income (“low income resistance rate”).

...

View complete article..


June 21, 2016
INTERGENERATIONAL INCOME TRANSMISSION

In a recent study from Statistics Canada, Intergenerational Income Transmission: New Evidence from Canada, updated and improved administrative data for Canada is used to study intergenerational income mobility.

The study finds less intergenerational earnings and income mobility compared with previous studies, mainly due to a higher likelihood that children born to high-income fathers will have high earnings themselves. This change reflects a more accurate picture of income mo...

View complete article..


Top