The Public Sector Compensation Disclosure Act (PSCD Act) enhances the accountability and transparency in the use of public funds by requiring public sector bodies to report compensation of $100,000 or more, paid to persons during the fiscal year. Under the PSCD Act public sector bodies includes member of the Government Reporting Entity (GRE), entities designated by regulation and certain not-for-profit organizations.
Reporting Guide (pdf, Français): This Guide is intended to help public sector bodies meet their reporting obligations under the PSCD Act and provides the following information:
- which public sector bodies must report compensation information,
- what type of payments are considered compensation,
- the persons receiving compensation who require disclosure, and
- the content, format and timing of reporting.
New for the 2012-2013 reporting cycle:
- a consistent template for Compensation Reports and No Compensation to Disclose Reports;
- a common release date, determined by the Minister of Finance to coincide with the release of Public Accounts, for public sector bodies that are members of the GRE or are designated by regulations; and
- central access of the reports of public sector bodies that are members of the GRE or are designated by regulations on the Department of Finance website.
The deadline for public sector bodies that are members of the GRE or are designated by regulation to submit a 2012-2013 Compensation Report or No Compensation to Disclose Report to the Department of Finance is Friday, July 26, 2013. Reports should be sent via email in the specified electronic format as outlined in the Guide to: gov.ns.ca
Not-for-profit organizations that are public sector bodies under the PSCD Act are not required to release Compensation Reports on a date determined by the Minister of Finance. Rather, such public sector bodies should disclose compensation information within six months after the end of each fiscal year in accordance with Section 3 of the Act.
Questions regarding the PSCD Act may be sent to Department of Finance using the following email address: gov.ns.ca