Map Centre Status Updates
In this section we will be providing a log of the Map Centre updates.
- The following maps are now available for District Health Authorities within the Health subject in the Map Centre:
- Contact with Medical Doctor
- Contact with Mental Health Professional
- Exposure to Second-Hand Smoke in a Vehicle or Public Place
- Exposure to Second-Hand Smoke in the Home
- Fruit and Vegetable Consumption (5 or more servings per day)
- Injury Hospitalization Rates
- Life Satisfaction (Satisfied to Very Satisfied)
- Participation and activity limitation (Sometimes or Often)
- Population who are Overweight or Obese
- Population who Smoke (Occassional or Daily)
- Population with a Respiratory Disease
- Population with a Sense of Community Belonging
- Population with Diabetes
- Population with High Blood Pressure
- Population with Household Food Security
- Self-Percieved Mental Health (Very Good to Excellent)
- Self-Percieved Overall Health (Very Good to Excellent)
- Hospital Discharges by Disease Group data for 2010 has been added to the Map Centre.
- Cultural Centres and Youth Health Centres have been updated in the Map Centre.
- New assets have been added to the Map Centre: Nova Scotia Publishers, Food Banks and Conseil de développement économique de la Nouvelle-Écosse (CDENE) locations.
- A new feature has been added allowing the user to view the data behind the map in a Chart format. Click "View Chart" in the Map Centre to access this feature.
- Ten more assets have been added to the Map Centre: Adult Learning Networks, Arenas, Arts and Cultural Organizations, Curling Clubs, Family Services of East Nova Scotia, Men's Intervention Programs, Museums (County/Community), Pools, Recreation Directors and Women's Centres
- Labour Force Historical Review maps (Employment Rate, Unemployment Rate and Participation Rate) have been added to the Map Centre. They are available by Economic Region and Province for the following years: 1987-2009.
- Share of Nova Scotia Business maps (All, Small, Medium and Large) are now available in the Map Centre under the Production subject. They are available by County and Economic Region.
- The data delivery methodology has been revamped. Approximately 40,000 maps are now available.
- A cusom range feature has been added.
- Printing issues have been resolved.
- Issues revolving around retaining map variables while changing geographies have been fixed.
- A more detailed view is now available for the assets, including a link to google maps.
- Fire Stations and Schools Plus Programs have been added to the assets list.
- The Other Parks asset layer has been updated in the Map Centre.
- The Public Schools asset layer has been updated in the Map Centre.
- Added to the Map Centre: Crime Prevention and Reduction Maps under the Social subject.
- Fixed an issue with the Asset legend not showing up in the print window.
- Added to the Map Centre: Names and values are displayed when mousing over a geography.
Municipal Electoral District level maps are now available.
Economic Region level maps are now available.
Province level maps are now available.
- Updated the Long Term Care Assets.
- Added the following assets to the Map Centre:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters (Social)
- Boys and Girls Clubs (Social)
- C@P Sites (Social)
- Community-Based Transportation (Social)
- Mental Health Clinics (Health)
- Fixed issues relating to zooming and labeling within the Map Centre.
- Added Frequently Asked Questions and Status Updates sections.
- Added Community Health Centre assets.
- Updated the University and RDA assets.
- The Economics and Statistics Division of the Department of Finance is excited to announce the release of its new Community Counts Map Centre, a dynamic set of tools that offers many more options for mapping data about communities. These tools include thematic mapping (population characteristics) and asset mapping (services and resources).
Click here to view the new Map Centre! We've also redesigned our website. Have a look and tell us what you think!