Children in Care and Custody Manual
The intent of this manual is to provide a consistent quality of care to all children who are placed outside of their parent’s home by a children's services agency in Nova Scotia. Children in care of agencies have the same rights regardless of the nature of their care status. Most policies and procedures outlined here apply to all children in care. However, some special conditions may exist for children in permanent care or for children in care by agreement with their parents. These are noted as they apply throughout the manual.
These files are in PDF format. The Adobe PDF Reader program is available here for free.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Planning for Children in Care
- Section 3: Child's Case File
- Section 4: Religion, Language, Race and Culture
- Section 5: Placement
- Section 6: Services to Children in Care
- Section 7: Special Circumstances
- Section 8: Preparing to Exit Care
- Section 9: Access and Information Sharing