Research and statistics about poverty in Nova Scotia.
Read our primer on poverty in Nova Scotia (PDF) to learn:
- How is poverty measured in Canada?
- What is the low-income cut-off (LICO)?
- In Nova Scotia, how many people live in low-income? What about children?
- How do Nova Scotia's low-income statistics compare with the rest of Canada?
- What are some characteristics of Nova Scotia's low-income population?
- Where does Nova Scotia's low-income population live?
- Is there any way to tell how poor low-income Nova Scotians are?
Social Trends in Nova Scotia - 2008
- Provincial overview (PDF)
- Eastern Region (PDF)
- Northern Region (PDF)
- Western Region (PDF)
- Central Region (PDF)
- Nova Scotia's Low-Income Statistics (PDF)
- Nova Scotia Department of Finance publications
- Statistics Canada
- Nova Scotia Community Counts
- Target Nova Scotia
If you would like to comment on this information, please send us a message through our feedback form.